Full Visitation Guidelines
Please read prior to your visit and follow all guidelines to ensure the well-being of our residents, staff and visitors:
- We encourage our visitors to be vaccinated and boosted as per CDC recommendations. Masks are no longer required by visitors, but staff providing hands-on care will continue wearing masks, as recommended by CDC guidelines.
- Visitors will be screened prior to admittance at the Accushield kiosk located in our lobby. This will include questions regarding your current state of health, possible recent contact with a COVID-19 positive person, and a temperature check.
- Visitors will be denied entrance if they report or are observed with signs/symptoms of COVID-19 infection, have had recent exposure to a COVID-19 positive person, and/or have a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater.
- Please perform hand hygiene before your visit using the alcohol-based hand sanitizer located at the entrance and throughout the facility.
- Residents may have 2 visitors at one time to comply with physical distancing.
- Visitors should report directly to the resident’s room after being screened and instructed to proceed.
- Visits may occur in resident’s room or courtyards, weather permitting.
- Privacy curtain should be pulled in the resident room if they have a roommate.
- Please maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet between you and the resident you are visiting.
- Before you leave the unit/visitation area please perform hand hygiene using the alcohol-based hand sanitizer located throughout the facility.
- Visitors who are unable to adhere to the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention will not be permitted to visit and will be asked to leave.
- Please be aware of the symptoms of COVID-19 infection even if fully vaccinated: Temperature, fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headaches, sudden loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- If you become ill or test positive for COVID-19 and your visit to the facility occurred 2 days before the symptom’s onset or 2 days before your test, please notify the facility immediately so that contact tracing can be initiated. Please call Receptionist: (631) 758-3336
Thank you for your cooperation in helping our efforts to keep our staff, residents and visitors safe.
If you have questions about visitation as it specifically affects your loved one, please contact his/her social worker. You may also email email@example.com with questions.
As always, we will continue to communicate all updates to our family members and residents via our emails and our robocall notification platform. Family members are encouraged to sign up for our weekly Family and Resident Update email and for robocalls at firstname.lastname@example.org.